The Osher Lifelong Learning Institutes at The University of Alabama, Auburn University, and the University of Alabama in Huntsville collaborate to offer online lifelong learning courses each semester through the OLLI Shares program.
As part of the program, OLLI members from any of the 3 campuses who purchase a membership and semester course package are eligible to register for OLLI Shares classes at no extra cost. Thanks to this partnership, members are given a wider range of course options and the opportunity to learn from instructors at other institutions.
OLLI Shares is a great way for members to expand their knowledge, explore new topics, and engage with learners from other areas. The program encourages collaboration between OLLI institutes and strengthens the lifelong learning community across Alabama.
Fall 2023 OLLI Shares:
- OL101 Understanding Psychological Metaphor (OLLI Shares) – Monday
- OL102 Remedial Opera for Everyone (OLLI Shares) – Monday
- OL103 Talking About Books: UA Press and OLLI Book Club – Monday
- OL104 The Religion Roller Coaster of Tudor England – Monday
- OL105 Exploring New Discoveries in Science – Monday
- OL106 Common Ethics in World Religions (OLLI Shares) – Tuesday
- OL107 Emperors of Rome: the Julio-Claudian Dynasty (OLLI Shares) – Tuesday
- OL108 Lost Chapters in American History (OLLI Shares) – Tuesday
- OLLI at UA Director – Ms. Ashley Chambers
- OLLI at Auburn Director – Ms. Scott Bishop
- OLLI at UAH – Mr. Clay Williams